Sexual Pain and Dysfunction
We understand that pelvic and sexual pain is a sensitive topic. That’s why we ensure our approach is a gentle one so you feel as comfortable as possible during your treatment.
Sexual intercourse should be enjoyable, but it can be quite uncomfortable for a large majority of women with pelvic floor dysfunction. This is what we love to treat as it really can be life changing.
Other concerns you may have that we can help you with include:
- pain inserting a tampon/menstrual cup
- burning/stinging pain with sexual intercourse
- post-coital incontinence (leaking urine on orgasm)
- deep penetration pain
- lower abdominal pain with sexual intercourse
- inability to achieve penetration
Treatment options for pelvic pain can include:
- pelvic floor relaxation/downtraining
- vaginal dilators
- vaginal TENS
- muscle release (internal and external)
- graded exposure
- specific lubricant prescription
- individualised exercise
- education about your presentation
We can sensitively guide you through a thorough assessment and treatment plan to help you regain your sexual function without pain.