And that is why I have created an evidence-based 8-Week Postnatal Exercise Guide to help you restore your physical and mental health throughout this time. Whether you are 6 weeks postnatal or 2 years post natal, you can do this program to help guide you safely back to exercise at your own pace.
The aim of the program is to:
Reduce and heal your abdominal separation
Restore your strength and stability
Gradually strengthen your deep abdominal and gluteal muscles
Prevent injuries when returning to exercise
Manage and reduce your risk of pelvic organ prolapse
Improve your cardiovascular and endurance fitness
Be quick and effective so you can easily fit a workout in between feeds and/or naps
The workout style is a Pilates-inspired strength and conditioning circuit and will be accessible from the online eBook that you can access anywhere, anytime.
Before you begin the program, there will be various chapters on:
- What is your pelvic floor and core and why it is important.
- Guidelines to returning to exercise after having a baby: Vaginal vs. Caesarean Section.
- How to contract and relax your pelvic floor and how to find your deep core muscles.
- Rectus Diastasis (abdominal separation) management.
- What’s normal and abnormal for bladder health.
- What’s normal and abnormal for bowel health.
- How to prevent and/or manage your pelvic organ prolapse.
- Understanding your fatigue point and knowing when to rest.
- How to self-assess your abdominal separation.
You will receive 3 workouts per week targeting your lower body, upper body and whole body. All you will need is a set of dumbbells between 1-5kg and a soft ball or pillow for the pelvic floor workouts. You will get a mobility and stretch routine to complete with every single session.
At the half-way point of the eBook, there will be instructions on how to self-assess your abdominal separation. This is also a nice time to check in on yourself and see how you’re feeling and what to do if you are experiencing any symptoms.
If you get stuck on how to perform some of the exercises, you can refer to the glossary at the back of the eBook. This is where you will find every single exercise with the appropriate cueing and options to make the exercise heavier or lighter.
The final note is when you purchase the eBook, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can ask any questions you may have about the program. I’d like it to also become a community where all postnatal mumma’s can connect and support each other through their postnatal journey.
I look forward to watching you flourish throughout the program, Enjoy!